Opened in 1942, what was to become Perry-Houston County Airport (PXE) was used as an auxiliary training facility for Army pilots. After WW2 ended, the City of Perry, Georgia obtained the field and developed it into a municipal airport, opening in 1947.
Owned and operated by the Perry-Houston County Airport Authority, the airport’s present terminal building has ample facilities for pilots, meetings and flight planning, with access to the pilot’s lounge and flight planning available 24 hours per day. Presently the facility, with its 5,000’ runway, is the base for 89 aircraft, with 66 public and corporate hangars.
A repair/maintenance facility and one flight school are housed at KPXE, with both aviation and jet fuel available 10 hours daily, and self-serve AvGas available 24/7.